AFL Outer East had provided all participants and stakeholders the following update on training and a return to competition.
Following the announcement by the Victorian Government, training for community sport in metropolitan Melbourne is permitted to recommence from Friday 11 June. This will be in accordance with council approval to access club facilities.
AFL Outer East welcomes the announcement of a proposed return to competition for all age groups from Friday 18 June. The intention of AFL Outer East is to resume all competitions as soon as restrictions allow. All clubs are preparing to play for the weekend starting 18 June.
AFL Outer East met with all senior clubs on 9 June and will now provide a detailed update of the structure of senior football and netball on Thursday 17th June, following a period of consultation with clubs. Junior football will return as fixtured once restrictions allow.
All clubs have been asked to ensure they are across all Covid-19 protocols prior to recommencing training:
– Training can resume from Friday (11 June).
– 25km rule will be in place (Players/coaches that live outside the 25km radius of the training venue are not permitted to attend training).
– Training is limited to the number required to participate in and facilitate the activity (players, coaches, trainers, support staff).
– Use of change rooms will be restricted to those required to use to participate in the activity of training.
– Social rooms, Clubs should seek clarification from their local council as to any limitations. Otherwise, a maximum of 50 people with 1 per 4 sqm.
– Masks are required to be worn while inside.
– QR Code (State Government issued) to be used at all sites.
– All participants must adhere to the restrictions relating to travel between Metropolitan and Regional Victoria. Players from Melbourne cannot train with any of our clubs in Regional Victoria until this is lifted. We recommend clubs have a Melbourne based training group in the short term.