Yarra Ranges Council is encouraging the Seville community to provide feedback on the release of the draft Seville Recreation Reserve Master Plan.
The Master Plan points to Seville Recreation Reserve as being a hub for recreation that will provide a wide variety of sporting, active and passive activities for people of all ages and abilities to enjoy.
The process for developing the master plan began in June 2018, where it underwent extensive community consultation that included workshops, pop-up interviews and an online survey.
From the analysis, the Master Plan has proposed a number of key infrastructure development initiatives, including:
• An upgraded main oval with an improved surface for sport
• A.H. Chandler Pavilion to receive an upgraded social space, community spaces and additional amenities to support increased female participation
• Development of a village green adjacent to the playspace
• Advocate for reduced variable speed limits along Monbulk-Seville Road during peak seasons, improved road surface and a slip lane into the Recreation Reserve
• Improved car parking across the Reserve, including the Pony Club, to ease congestion during peak times
• Improved path network across the Reserve to provide linkages to all sporting and community recreation infrastructure, and improved access to main shopping precinct
• Formalise the dog off lead area at the north of the Reserve
Local councillor, Tony Stevenson, thanked the community for their feedback in informing the draft master plan.
“Gathering feedback from the community is such a crucial step in the process of developing a plan such as this,” said Cr Stevenson.
“Now the draft Master Plan has been established, we’re looking for final feedback on what has been included to ensure we have all the details and ideas right.
“I encourage the local community to check out the draft Master Plan on our website and share their thoughts.”
Community members have until Sunday 12 April to provide feedback on the Master Plan at https://www.yarraranges.vic.gov.au/Council/Engage-Yarra-Ranges/Help-shape-the-future-of-Seville- Recreation-Reserve.