1. What is something people don’t know about you?
I collect words, if I read or hear something interesting or moving, I will write it down and store the words in my phone.
2. Tell us about your role as an artist?
I paint still life paintings, landscape and abstract paintings. I find inspiration in nature, the Australian landscape, hand-picked floral arrangements, poetry and colour. My intuitive approach to painting allows the paint on the canvas to form a feeling or moment and study life’s truths.
3. What has been your most memorable moment in your time as an artist?
Being a finalist in the Jumbled Art Superstar Competition in 2020 enabled me to sell my work through their beautiful store and be exposed to a broader audience. Another memorable moment was having my first sell out show in Castlemaine in 2019.
4. What do you love most about living in the region?
The colours, the blue mountains and ever changing landscape.
5.What event, past, present, or future, would you like to witness?
To witness Vincent van Gogh painting en plein air.
6. Who do you admire the most? I have a lot of admiration for artists that have dedicated their entire lives to art – I find it both fascinating and beautiful to see the artwork evolve overtime. Some of my favourite artists include Elizabeth Cummings, Jenny Watson, Ileigh Hellier, Idris Murphy, Rachael Castle and Kate Eliza.
7. Favourite book or movie you recommend?
The series, The Newsreader on ABC.
8. What is an important issue in the region you think needs exposure? There is a lot of construction in the region of late, many of the beautiful trees or flowers I have painted over the years have been cut down or destroyed. As a region we need to protect our beautiful environment as much as possible.